The reason for this annual award is to recognize the dedication and contributions of Teachers that serve Small Districts.
Nominations for consideration may come from staff, students, parents or other community members. Nominations from peers and colleagues are also welcome.
Nominations should include a nominations letter of no more than two pages which specifically identifies the nominee, what attributes the nominee possesses that deserve recognition and how the nominee has made a difference in the education and lives of children.
In addition, those nominating candidates(s) for the teacher of the year award, should include contact information for the nominee, the relationship between the nominee and the person making the nomination and any additional information that would inform the OSSA board about the nominee.
- Eligibility: Teachers who teach grades K-12 in an OSSA member school district. Teachers who anticipate a classroom teaching assignment for the following year in a member school.
- Obligation: Provide a small article for the “Small Talk” newsletter and Presentation at the OSSA Breakfast during OSBA Conference in Portland – which will require you to be released from classroom responsibilities to attend the conference held in November.
Nomination deadline: September 28, 2018 (please direct nominations electronically to Edie Allstott at edie.allstottimesd.k12.or.us)
Some of the criteria that will affect selection for this award will be the nominee’s:
- Instructional accomplishments
- Leadership in the classroom, school, and district
- Innovation in the classroom and school
- Implementation of innovative or best-practice models for teaching and learning
Questions, comments and nomination letters may also be referred to:
Oregon Small Schools Association
c/o Douglas ESD
1871 NE Stephens St.
Roseburg, OR 97470-1493