A look back at an eventful year for OSSA members
By R. Michael Carter, Executive Administrator
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, it has been a very successful year for the OSSA partnering with COSA. Here are some highlights that have been accomplished this year by OSSA; for the full story, please read our latest newsletter.
- Awarded nine $1,000 student scholarships and recognized the Administrator of the Year and the Teacher of the Year.
- Successful lobbying for various issues that are important to Small School District in Oregon.
- Updated our policies, procedures, and website with our COSA partners to better support our members.
- Provided the first all-virtual conference in the State of Oregon last spring with a keynote from Chris Spetzer from Stanford University on decision making, and it was a huge success.
- Partnered with U of O and COSA to provide, for the second time, a special session designed for small schools at the annual law conference.
- Sent a powerful and united letter to Governor Brown to reopen schools.
- We are developing an administrative mentor program to better support small school districts and programs.